Table Settings are accessible to Admin Users in the Space.
- Select a Title Field for the table from the list of fields in the dropdown selector.
- This field is used for the global search and will be shown when an item from this table is selected in a relationship.
- Each table is assigned an Email Address.
- When a table receives an email (not an existing record), a new record will be created and the content is mapped as follows:
- Subject: The subject of the email is mapped to the first text field in the table.
- Body: The body of the email is mapped to the first textarea field in the table
- Attachments: The attachments of the email are mapped to the first file field in the table.
- Additionally, the parser will try to find key:value pairs of field names in the individual lines of the text version of the body and assign the values accordingly. For example, if your email contains the line:
Status: NewAnd the table has a field called "Status" and that field has a valid option for "New", then the value of "New" will be assigned to the "Status" field in the new record.
- Note: This only works for single lines of data.
- You can also reset an email address, assigning a new address for the table. Please note, this could break replies from already-sent emails.
- The Table Icon lets you select an icon for the table from a list of icons.
- This icon will be displayed before the table name in the sidebar.
- You can also select a color from the default color panel for the icon.
- The Calendar Link feature allows users to create a link that can be used to download an iCalendar file for a meeting or event.
- The iCalendar file can then be imported into any calendar application, such as Google Calendar or Apple Calendar.
- To create a Calendar Link, first select the date fields that represent the start date and end date of the meeting or event. Then, select a field to be the title of the event. The link will be automatically generated.
Lock to User
- The Lock to User feature allows you to restrict access to a table or record to specific users.
- Once you have enabled the Lock to User feature, select the user field that holds the table users.
- Restrict table users to "View" only their records in read-only or "Update" only their items in the table.
- Admin users will always be able to see the table or record, regardless of whether or not they are listed in the user field
- The Admin Only checkbox allows you to restrict certain actions in this table to users with the admin role.
- Admin only can be enabled for three different actions:
- Create: Only users with the admin role can create records in this table.
- Update: Only users with the admin role can update records in this table.
- Delete: Only users with the admin role can delete records in this table.
- For example, if the "Create" checkbox is checked, only admins can create records in this table. Other users will only be able to view/update/delete the records.
- The Delete table option deletes the selected table and its records.
- This is an irreversible action, so InfoLobby will show a confirmation popup before deleting the table.
- The user must type in the word 'delete' to confirm the action.